Monday 2 April 2012

running wild

Having the attention span of a goldfish can, at times, be a negative attribute. 
Say for example, in class or in the middle of a conversation with a friend. However, when it comes to painting my nails, an undeniably essential art of mine (yes that's right, I said 'art') having that 'Okay...Next!' ideology is a definite plus. Switching from deep decadent plums and devilish dark reds to flirty pinks and Spring mints keeps my nails exciting and leaves me wanting more. 
Which led me to the idea of this blog. After scouring endless amounts of nail-centered blogs (and my God, are there a lot) I thought I'd try and add a little spice to this sport and start my own; the fact that my best friend constantly gabbed about how neat it would be to start a nail art blog definitely helped get this this process in motion. You know that 'Goldfish-Syndrome' can put a real damper on things sometimes.
So to kick things off, I thought I'd start with some of my All-Time Favourite Nail Polishes. What better way to start a blog than to share the cream of the crop with fellow nail junkies? Feel free to 'Ou' and 'Ah' as you please; these bad boys are shamelessly sinful...


*Please Note: NONE of the nails featured below are mine! 
                    My photos will follow later this week!*




My All-Star Line Up : 


REVLON - Perfect Pink
(love love LOVE this one!)


INSTA DRI by Sally Hansen - Mauve It
(This is my go-to colour whenever I'm running late and my nails need a pick-me-up. It goes on smoothly, you can get away with only one coat, it instantly makes your nails look clean and polished, and it dries in minutes.)



Essie - Pinking Up The Pieces
(Such a pretty Spring/Summer colour!)



Chanel - Orange Fizz
(I'm not a huge orange fan, but this one was subtle enough to be both fresh and pretty.)



Sally Hansen - Back To The Fuchsia
(I've never been a huge fan of hot pink nails (same feelings towards loooooong nails and chunky gel nails... I just don't see the appeal I guess. But anyways, this is the closest I'll go to hot pink, and I LOVE it!)




Nicole by OPI - One Less Lonely Girl
Justin Bieber Collection
(Hideous nails...But pretty accurate colouring.)



OPI - Vampsterdam
Holland Collection
(A more recent purchase, and worth every penny!)




OPI - Light My Sapphire
(My favourite "Let's Dress Up and Be Classy" polish.)




REVLON - Devilish
(Looks a bit darker here, it's actually more of a deep red.)



REVLON - Steel Her Heart
(I think I've bought three or four of these over the years...It's amazing.)





Sally Hansen - Pat On The Black
(Go-To polish for weekend outings!)



And last but certainly not least...



Nicole by OPI - Kourt Is Red-y For a Pedi
Kardashian Kolor Kollection
(Feeling Fierce? TRY IT. You won't regret this one.)

So there you have it. Some of my ultimate favourites, a few splashes of colour, some go-to quickies, and a couple of deadly darks.

Hope you like, try and love too!

Happy Monday!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment