Wednesday 4 April 2012

buff it out

Last night (after studying... I swear) I went snooping through my mom's seasonal collection of nail polishes and came across a beautiful light mocha colour. For whatever reason, my mom doesn't like to keep her nail polishes past the season she bought them for. For example, she has this gorrrrrrrgeous deep rust colour that she bought in fall of 2011, and come Christmas time, she passed it onto me saying it didn't "go with her Winter collection." Maybe this is my inner hoarder speaking, but what the hell? Needless to say, she does have some great finds sometimes. 
So as I was saying, I decided to try out the new Spring colours mother dearest recently purchased. The one that I surprisingly loved is called Café Au Lait by Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure (featured below, pictures of my nails to follow later today!) It has a really pretty finish to it, and goes on like butter. Check it out!
Sally Hansen - Café Au Lait


This colour got me thinking about how simple and pretty a light or even pastel-like colours look year round. Here are some pictures of polishes I'm lusting to own, and designs I'm dying to try...


Should come as no surprise that my leading lady would be featured first <3
Rocking a great pale grey, almost beige looking colour and stiletto nails.
Paws Up Little Monsters!

I think I found this on Zooey Deschanel's blog site. Definitely worth checking out!


In love with this!


This is Heidi Klum sporting a nude finished nail.
(Not only does the girl have great legs, but gorg nails too?? Wtf.)


Came across this a few months ago and STILL haven't tried it.... Possible future tutorial?! 
I think this might look cute while writing my English final too haha!  


And finally, the woman who could wear a garbage bag and still look like a sex pot, Rihanna showing off her stiletto nails and pale pink finish.


Happy Wednesday!   xo

No comments:

Post a Comment