Thursday 5 April 2012

do you want love or you want fame?

So I promised a picture of the Sally Hansen Café Au Lait in my last post and then I remembered why I haven't actually uploaded any of my own photos yet...the memory chip for my camera is missing. After anxiously texting some friends, it turns out Alexa had it in her beach bag from when the four girls went to Punta Cana in the Dominican a few weeks ago. Sooo for now, I hope these iPhone uploads will do! Not the best lighting/angle ever, but here ya go!


Café Au Lait by Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure


Which led me to this next idea... I desperately wanted to try and re-create the look featured below. It seemed very edgy and classy at the same time, which is never a bad combination! However...after three coats of Sally Hansen Café Au Lait, Revlon Perfect Pink for the triangles, and Sinful Colors Professional Pinky Glitter for the sparkle coat, I am sad to report that it did not turn out quite how I expected... 


This is the photo I found online. Looks simple enough, right??

Crazy tape job. The edges of the triangles actually turned very nicely. I let the tape stick to my arm for a few seconds before putting it on my nails to avoid any damage to the polish.


Final product...

Triangles are too thin, base coat and triangle colour didn't
end up mixing so well together.
Oh well. Learning experience, right?



Might have to try this again with different colours and sizing.

Until next time,
Happy Thursday!  xo


(title lyrics from Love Games by Lady Gaga)

No comments:

Post a Comment