Wednesday 18 April 2012

marry the night

Ohhhh baby. So lately I've been in a 'blah' sort of mood, thanks to exams and a busy work week. And though I am normally opposed to bitching about silly little things, today seemed like a good day to vent (don't worry, I vented to my girl Hillary; not planning on posting my troubles on the web. LOL I just called it the 'web'... God, whatta day). 
Taking notice of my less than cheery mood, Mother Dearest suggested dinner out. Rock Creek? She asked. So long as my black nails, black skinnies, and Gaga-esque shoe-booties don't get me looks, I'm in, I replied. I said I was in a funk, not a fashion coma. No ailment in the world would get me out of my heels.
*Side Note: Rock Creek is a trendy new little tap and grill restaurant that just opened in our neighbourhood. I say 'trendy' because it is by this city's standards. Any other city girl would know the difference between real wood floors and those 'piece-together-pallets' from Home Depot.
Needless to say, I decided to jazz up my all black mani with a few colour splashes, similar to the picture featured below. I was pressed for time, so I didn't get a chance to snap any photos, anndd I managed to smudge three of them while out for dinner, so I didn't bother once I got home either. 
Sorry dolls, another time! 
Check out some fab black mani's below! I've been meaning to share these for a while!

I used a dark flat black (this one is a bit more charcoal grey), and stuck 
with deep dark purples, plums, violets, and a fuchsia for the lines.

A little twist to the Disco Diva.

Not the cleanest job ever, but still very cute!

Love this one!

Kyliee Jenner of the Kardashian-Jenner clan models her own Tux Mani.

Apparently this is a huuggee trend right now; REAL snakeskin manicures.
As the resident vegetarian at this house, I'm kind of opposed to this (the idea of wearing other creatures skin creeps me the eff out...) However, I hear there are several salons that can do the same mani with a faux material. It does look kind of cool though...

I have been looking all over this God Forsaken city for a matte-black. 
I might have to succumb to the temptations of Online Shopping...

Another adorable Tux Mani!

Cute and modern with a hint of 50's flare. Love it!

In love with matte nails...  <3

I just realized how weird these fingers look, but the nails looks AH-mazing.
I highly doubt I could ever make this happen, but I really want to try!

Love the finish on these!


That's all for today!
Much Love  xo

(title lyrics from Marry The Night by Lady Gaga)

No comments:

Post a Comment