Sunday 21 October 2012

one vote for love

There are two things my father has always made very clear to me:
1. Never discuss politics or religion with friends 
2. Never discuss politics or religion with friends while drinking

Growing up, complying with these two 'rules' was very easy. What twelve year old girl discusses such things when there are much more pressing matters to attend to Ie. frizzy hair and changing fashions.
Seeing as how I now work with 40 plus year olds with very prominent and proud religious and political views, the subject seems to come up more than it did in grade school.

Tuesday November 6th is election day for Americans. 
Though I am no longer considered American (not that southern Ontario is in any way part of the US, we like to think of ourselves as unofficial-part-timers), I stumbled upon this picture and fell in love with Barack Obama and the lovely First Lady Michelle, all over again.
I've decided not to get into the political aspect simply because it's not my job to convince people who to vote for. This is a post for Barack and Michelle and the understated elegance of this photo. 
What happens on Tuesday November 6th is a matter of personal opinion. 
And in my personal opinion.... they are really quite lovely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment